That’s what I’m going to call it from now on. I don’t care how many people actually showed up — they’ll always be a million morons to me.
“Conservative commentator Glenn Beck says his revival-style rally at the Lincoln Memorial on Saturday was about restoring America’s honor and returning the country to the values on which it was founded. … Beck said his role was to wake America up to the backsliding of principles, values and most importantly, faith. His speech took on a spiritual tone as Beck urged the country to ‘turn back to God.’”
Let’s share a few examples of the principles and values this man of God has espoused in the past, shall we?
- During his time at Y-95, Beck cultivated a rivalry with local pop radio station KZZP and that station’s morning host Bruce Kelly. … the rivalry culminated in Beck telephoning Kelly’s wife on-the-air, mocking her recent miscarriage.
- At WKCI, Beck and Gray co-hosted the local four-hour morning show, billed as the Glenn and Pat Show. On a 1995 broadcast of the show, Alf Papineau pretended to speak Chinese during a taped comedy skit. When an Asian-American listener called to complain, Gray and Beck made fun of the caller and played gongs in the background while Papineau spoke in a mock-Chinese accent.
- On March 11, 2010, Beck asked Christians to leave their churches if they hear preaching about social justice because they were code words for Communism and Nazism.
- In 2006, Beck remarked to Muslim congressman-elect Keith Ellison, a guest on his show, “I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, ‘Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.’
- Beck argued that Obama has repeatedly shown “a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture,” saying “I’m not saying he doesn’t like white people. I’m saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.”
- Beck was also criticized for mocking 11-year-old Malia Obama during a discussion of the President’s response to the BP gulf oil spill. He questioned her level of education and imitated her voice asking her father why he hated black people.
- During an interview aired yesterday on “Fox News Sunday,” Beck attacked Obama’s religion, describing it as follows: “I don’t know what it is, other than it’s not Muslim, it’s not Christian. It’s a perversion of the gospel of Jesus Christ as most Christians know it.”
Hey God!! With friends like this, who needs enemies, you know what I’m saying? Amirite?
I accidentally hit some combination of keys that made my Tumblr dashboard shrink. Everything is tiny and hard to read now — and I don’t know how to make it normal size again! I read the help page, checked all my dashboard settings … still no clue. Can someone tell me how to fix this?