Underdog is shown to have incredible superhuman powers. However, the number and scope of his superpowers are inconsistent from episode to episode, being subject not only to the conventions of superhero comics, but also to the conventions of humorous cartoons. In one episode he easily moved planets, safely butting against them with his rear end. In another episode his super energy pill, diluted billions of times when added to a city’s water system, was capable of giving normal humans who drank the water enough strength easily to bend thick steel bars.
His powers shown include:
- Almost unlimited Superhuman strength
- Self Propelled Flight beyond supersonic speeds
- Invulnerability to almost all forms of physical harm
- X-Ray Vision
- Super Breath
- Cosmic Ray Vision
- Atomic Breath
- Atomizing Eyes (?)
- Ultrasonic hearing
- Great Calculating Brain
They left out “Ability to speak in rhyming iambic quadrameter.”
- Man wakes up in hospital bed many days after a zombie apocalypse has happened.
- The hospital is deserted, but shows signs of the aftermath of a violent confrontation.
- Man staggers out of the hospital and encounters similarly deserted surroundings, and more signs of a recent cataclysmic conflict (overturned vehicles, etc.)
- Man has a couple of scary encounters with zombies, and then meets his first fellow, unifected human beings …
The beginning of the Walking Dead pilot copied this entire series of events. I’m now much less impressed with that pilot now than I was when I watched it last year.